I got a request from my Uncle Mark to post some pictures of the hospital, I asked a CNA (certified nurses assistant) that I work with if she would mind taking some pictures while on her break, she agreed, so here ya go! Turns out, Saturday 4/24 was my last day orienting on day shift with Judy, my preceptor. Beginning this Thursday I will be precepting on night shift with another nurse for 2 weeks. After these next 2 weeks I will be on my own as a nurse! Scary but exciting at the same time! I will then be working as a per diem night nurse, this basically means that I don't have a set schedule and work whenever they don't have enough staffing. It just so happens that for the month of May I was able to still get full time hours, and should continue to get full time due to the fact that many nurses take vacation time during the summer months! This works out perfect because I need/want full time hours, but there are currently no full time positions available to apply for. However, it will be quite an adjustment learning to work from 7pm-730am. Caffeine may just become my best friend!
Here is a picture of the main entrance to the hospital, through the doors is a friendly volunteer staff that direct people to the department in which they wish to go.

Bench across the drive-up from the front doors.

Fireplace in the main entrance, very cozy!

Lobby for the Med/Surg and ICU units.

Children's area in the lobby of Med/Surg and ICU. The fish tank is set up like the movie Finding Nemo, all the same fish and many of the same structures and plants! There is also a video gaming station!

Lobby to Med/Surg and ICU on right. Entrance to Med/Surg (through doors and to the left), and ICU (through doors and straight ahead).

Hallway to Med/Surg nurses station, here there are 4 patient rooms including 1 of 2 isolation rooms and 1 seclusion room, administrator's office, break room/lockers, and 1 of 2 medication rooms.

Nurses station and Doctors dictation room.

1 of 38 patient rooms on Med/Surg. Each room has it's own bathroom and fold out cot for family. Throughout the hospital and in each patient room is beautiful local framed photographs.

This is a really cool fountain that spans 3 levels and the main staircase. It makes a very soothing fountain sound.

This is the main chapel. The stained glass was donated by a local artist, and is actually 3d, it is very pretty! Every wednesday at 3pm, there is a meditation/guided imagery time that takes place in here, anyone is welcome and it is very relaxing!

Cafeteria.

There food is actually very good, and not too expensive.

A few of the girls I have been working with on days. Starting from left is Jenipher (CNA currently in nursing school), Liz (unit secretary), Judy (RN, my preceptor), and Leah (CNA who took these photos for me.

Judy and I. She was a wonderful teacher, and a great resource!
Thanks for the awesome tour! It seems almost homey. Love the fountain :)
ReplyDelete