I thought I would give you all a little update on the cabin that Adam has been building full time. For those who don't know, this cabin will actually belong to Scott and Estelle, Adam and I will be living in it once it is liveable. Adam is trading time worked for rent.
Below is the arched doorway that will lead out to the back deck, as you can see the cabin is right on Lake Salamatoff. Adam is making all 3 doors in the cabin, and all 3 doorways will be arched!

The side of the cabin that faces the lake. This is the main living space.

Stairs up to the loft!

View of loft. Below is the bathroom (where the small window is). To the left of the big beam is the kitchen area.

Lake side of cabin.

Opposite view.

It sits right in the trees, once the trees sprout their leaves it will be very pretty!

View from future back deck. Directly across the lake is where we are living now.

I will continue to post pictures of the progress! Adam is really enjoying getting the opportunity to build. Scott, Estelle, Adam and I have found a 12 acre piece of property about 10 minutes north of here that we want to purchase to build more cabins to sell/rent. We are waiting on the electric company to let us know the cost to get electricity across the whole property.
As for me, I was supposed to work tonight, but got called off for low census. I am currently on stand-by which basically means I am on call and must be to the hospital within an hour if they call. I am officially finished with my orientation process, and will be working on my own from here on out! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment